My name is Olivier ST-Pierre. I first moved to Vancouver during summer 2012. In October 2015, I moved to UK to work and also explore many countries of Europe. Since July 2017, I have moved back in Vancouver which is still my favourite city after traveling to so many places. I am from Quebec City, where I obtained my bachelor’s degree in graphic design at Université Laval. At the end of college, I started to work for a web agency as a UI designer/front-end developer where I had the chance to work on a variety of projects, all web related, for companies and brands of all sizes. Because of this experience, I found that I love creating websites.
Once I moved to Vancouver in 2012, my first full-time job was at Best Buy Canada as a UI designer with the marketing team. Working as a UI designer in a marketing department made me learn many useful concepts that can be applied in the creation of websites. I had the chances to collaborate on marketing projects featured nationwide with teams of dozens of people.
After 1 year at Best Buy, I became a UI designer/front-end developer freelancer where I worked with agencies and my own clients.
In England, I worked as a UI designer for Enigma Digital, a software company where I was working on its website to add new pages/features and also optimizing the content for better conversion rates.
- UI design: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Front-end development: HTML5/CSS3(LESS & Sass)/jQuery
- Responsive website: Bootstrap
- WordPress: custom themes, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, Multisite
- Marketing: SEO, landing pages, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, marketing automation (Zapier), Optimizely
- Google Analytics: Goals, Event tracking, Experiments (A/B testing)
- Advertising: Google Adwords, Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads, Bing ads
- Bilingual: English, French